1. Cats can make over 100 different vocal sounds, while dogs can only make about 10.
2. A group of cats is called a "clowder."
3. In ancient Egypt, killing a cat was considered a crime punishable by death.
4. Cats have five toes on their front paws but only four on their back paws.
5. The world's largest cat measured over 48 inches long and weighed over 33 pounds.
6. Cats spend an average of 16 hours a day sleeping.
7. A cat has a dominant paw, similar to how humans have a dominant hand.
8. The technical term for "hairball" is "trichobezoar."
9. In 2012, a cat named Colonel Meow set the record for the world's longest fur on a cat, measuring 9 inches.
10. Cats have been known to drink seawater when they're thirsty, which can actually lead to dehydration.